Sunday, November 13, 2011

A trip down memory lane


Cole had a project for school to work on today so we started looking back at photos. He needed to make a timeline of his life for his book project this November. (By the way, I can't believe it's already mid-November. Holy cow. Where are the days and weeks going. This is ridiculous.) 

I pulled out a few really fun photos of the kids. 
What is really amazing is looking back through the pictures I now really see the resemblance Carter has for Cole. At school the kids call Carter "Mini-Cole". I did not know about this until a few weeks ago we were driving to school in the morning and Carter told Cole and I that he really didn't like being called "Mini Cole" and that his  name is Carter Miff (He says Smith as Miff...it's pretty priceless. I will be very sad when he says it correctly to be totally honest.) Anyways, that is when Cole explained in more detail that in the morning when they walk to the doors together to the spot the kids line up all of Cole's friends in 2nd grade greet Carter as "Mini Cole". 

As cute as I think that is. And I think it's very cute. I understand Carter not wanting to be his big brother's shadow. So we talked about Cole making sure his friends understood to call him Carter. Who really knows if they will listen or if it's even that big of an issue. Most likely I'm over protective and worried about something that will work it's self out and is just simply fun and games. We do laugh about it at home and Carter reminds Cole often that he's not "Mini Cole". Take a look at the photos and decide for yourself. I think the kids are twins to each other. 


Carter



Cole and Me


Cole


Carter


Cole first day of preschool at Holy Rosary 


Carter first day of preschool at Holy Rosary


Both kids. First day of school 2011