Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Nutcracker and some holiday photos

The Nutcracker was Friday and Saturday night at the Colonial Theater. My mom, Whitney, Cole and I dressed up and attended the ballet. Cole fell asleep right after intermission and then I carried him out of the theater. He was so very tired from a long week...but he did enjoy the portions that he was awake for. This is my little sister (who's not so little any more...she's really growing up fast) and Cole in her room.





In the theater waiting for the ballet to begin.






We scheduled some family photos and arrived a little early so we ended up walking around the mall for a while in our matching sweaters. It was so fun. The weather here has been very very cold so Carter was bundled up and loved the blanket wrapped around his legs. After we were inside in the warm mall Chris tried to remove the blanket and Carter instantly was in tears...so he enjoys being cuddled up very much. I'm telling you this kid needs a Snuggie. A Snuggie is on my Christmas list this year.....



This is Chris and Cole waiting to leave for the mall. It's a tradition...we must have Cinnamon Glazed Almonds. We bought a full pound and they were even warm.



So finally they were ready for us to have our photos done. Here are the results..... not too shabby for Jc Penny. Every photographer's studio I tried in town were either taking December off (which is crazy...) or were only doing outside shoots (which is crazy with a baby and 10 degree weather) so we opted for Jc Penny and I arrived with all the coupons from the paper...and we saved a bunch of money...and got a pretty good assortment of photos. If any of you would like a specific photo...email me....I ordered a bunch and plan on sharing the photos with family...but if you want duplicates or whatnot just let me know. I can order duplicates for a very reasonable price.

Enjoy.














Today we did some Christmas shopping and we were glad to find sleds at Target. Last year we waited too long and the sleds were all gone....so Cole and Carter tested it out tonight before bedtime.