Friday, February 26, 2010

The Elephant Nose


So we learned...after Cole's first dentist appointment that he has 2 cavities. Yes, I am a BAD mom. I couldn't even believe it. He brushes twice a day. Both times to the dentist Chris (SuperDad) took Cole so Chris was much more comfortable with this revelation of cavities in my 5 year old's mouth than I was....Chris also had a therapy session with the dentist about turning 30. It's a new dentist office and the dentist is a very nice younger guy so Chris and he bonded over our son's cavities. I on the other hand was horrified to learn Cole has cavities. I think I am failing already as a mother....

So today was the day. The day to fix the problem. Here is Cole with the elephant nose on.

Chris reported back to me (he's at the dentist right now as I type this...
the miracle of cell phones and Blackberry's)

Cole just told the nurse, "I am BRAVE!" "Very BRAVE!" and then
"I speak Japanese...I can't read Japanese...but I speak it!"


I'm glad his first visit to the dentist for cavities is such a positive experience. This dentist is specifically for kids and they are doing a great job. According to Chris, Cole is having a great time.

The other events of the last few weeks are below. Never a dull moment.

The kids had a parade at school for President's Day so we loaded up Carter and went. We lucked out that Chris was off work as well so he was able to attend. It lasted about 5 minutes but we were glad to see Cole in his special hat. Here is Carter exploring the lunch room. He was pretty much running around the room looking at everything he could as fast as he could. It was so funny.



Dress Up Time.
Cole: UltraMan
Carter: SpeedRacer


Pine Wood Derby Time.
Chris even took a day off of work to complete the car with Cole. It's a blue Subaru.




Carter is here preparing for the summer and getting his swim gear in order.....



Finally, Cole's class made a quilt and here's Cole's block. The theme was "I feel loved when...."


Cole: "I feel love when I kiss my mommy!"