Monday, March 5, 2012

No way!! Too much fun.


This weekend Chris and I went out to dinner to a nice place. We try to go out here and there and lucky for us my mom and mother in law are always awesome and watch the kids for us on the weekends if we want to go out on a date. Sometimes just being home is enough of a date though. After a busy week I relish evenings at home with the kids tucked in their beds eating take-out. Sometimes....it's perfection. Bliss. Life can't get better than that. Other times....it's nice to put on some nice clothes and go out. So we did Saturday night. After a nice dinner we went to Target. Our clothing-iron we've had since we got married (Thanks Aunt Julia! Awesome wedding gift---we used it daily!!!) died. It was 8 years old. 

Like I said we've used it almost daily. Who knew Chris would be a fanatic about ironing. Not me? But he is. I am too. As we wondered aimlessly through Target on our "date" I found the aisle with the clothes-irons and I could not believe my eyes. A PINK iron. For a split-second Chris rolled his eyes and was like "Give me a break...are you kidding" but when he saw how excited I was...he said "Yes!" We found a few more things...like some St. Patrick's Day socks at the check out stand and we paid and left.
It was a very nice night out.

Back to the 8 years thing...the funny thing is Chris and I have almost been married 8 years. 8 Years! Some of the things we had when we first got married are starting to show some signs of age. The DVD player that we used almost daily when Cole was a baby died a few months ago. Chris and the kids headed out to replace it one night when I was oddly working and to my surprise we could replace it with a Sony DVD player for $40.00. I guess DVD players have drastically reduced in price since 8 years ago when we stood in Staples with my father-in-law looking at all the options that were over 150$ for a simple player. 

It's odd to replace this kind of stuff....household stuff. When we got married we luckily received some very nice gifts and I had some basics from my apartment in Portland. We had everything in the world we really needed then. We were very lucky. Washer and dryer some furniture and a house.

But with each item we replace I feel it dates us a little bit. Not in a bad way...more in a good way...like....look at that! We made it! Another year! Almost like a badge of honor that we are doing everything to create a home and family and we are trying to do it well.

We are doing it. We are doing it with ALOT of pink appliances.