Monday, May 25, 2009

LITTLE BIRDS

We were fixing our fence on Saturday and we noticed we had a nest in the tree in our backyard. As I went to turn on the water for the hose I heard a loud squawk and looked up to see a momma bird defending her nest....oh I was SO excited! I ran to get Cole and he took a look at the bird and told me "Mom, it's a red breasted robin!". (Alrighty then!) So now that our 4 year old genius child had identified the bird I decided it was time for photos.

I really really hope she has a nest full of eggs so we'll have babies. It has been so fun to watch her and a few other "red breasted robins" fly around. Now when we turn on the water we all talk to her. I'm hoping she'll get used to us and she will stick around. The nest she built is quite impressive. I think she's a good momma robin..or excuse me...red breasted robin as Cole would say.....
Here she is. She is just gorgeous!

Here's a good picture of her nest. I hope it's filled with little babies!


The other little bird in our family is Mr. Carter. Carter is just all smiles. And chub!
Daddy checking Carter out...
Carter checking Daddy out...


Cute boys.

***