Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year's around our house

Here are the two monkey children and their sock monkey's. Carter also loves to play with the box of Jenga blocks so it's included in the photo as well.


The morning of the first day of 2010 we woke up to a blanket of snow. Cole had managed to stay up with Chris and I until 11 pm so he slept in until 9 am. This is a record for him and I literally wrote it down in my journal/calendar because I want to remember that morning forever. Cole normally rises at 6 am (sometimes 6:30 if I'm lucky) so I've learned it's nearly impossible to rise earlier than he does.... instead I do most of the laundry/cleaning/whatever else needs to be done...late at night after he goes to bed. The positive side to having an early riser is the kids are both in bed by 7 pm every night. No argument from either child and Chris and I then have time to enjoy our tv shows and check out the internet. So now that I've gone on about this far too long...let us get right to the pictures....








It was a all out snowball war between Cole and Chris. Cole did everything he could to try to get snow down the back of Chris' pants. I was inside with Carter watching through our patio door ironing and Carter was having a blast watching them outside through the window....and then both boys outside started throwing snowballs towards the patio...
















Notice please, Cole is "holding" his Snowman's hand above.

So yes, my favorite time of the year is in January. The new year is here and I take great effort in cleaning  and freshening up the house. So this translates to deep cleaning and organizing.

So from the Smith's here in Idaho Happy New Year. I'm sure 2010 will be full of suprises and fun...

keep in mind everyone...Chris turns 30 this year and I've already began the process of brainstorming for his party....big big fun plans. Mark your calendars please...May 17

p.p.s Chris wanted me to mention that he does have more than one shirt (I'm referring to the blue shirt in the post below) for some reason he is always wearing that shirt on the weekends for breakfast...so the same shirt is in nearly every single photo. I'm should make a photo montage of him in that shirt....that would be funny.