Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Keeping with the Smiths-not Kardashian style....


So last weekend we went antiquing. Chris and I used to do this all the time right after we got married. Primarily because we could buy furniture cheap and then I could paint it and make it look decent for our little house...after we had Cole we would still go occasionally....and in light of looking for something (anything) to do on the weekend we started going again. We made the decision to go to Pocatello a few weekends ago and in the rain and wind we had a hard time finding the antique stores. Alot of the stores we used to shop were gone and Pocatello has a suprisingly large amount of sporting goods stores downtown....anyways....we went to lunch too at our favorite spot and Carter to my delight decided he would scream at the top of his lungs for attention while in the restaurant. After a few attempts at ignoring him and noticing how annoyed the other diners were I took him to the car and waited for Cole and Chris to finish. Oh yes, it was a lovely day. Anyways...we went to the "old barn" this past weekend and while we were cruising around looking for treasures amongst the piles of junk we saw a series of steps and some a sign that said....


I laughed and said...oh it must be a joke. Alot of stores have jokes about kids being fed candy and caffeine if you leave them alone...so I figured it was something along the same lines....Oh no. There are SNAKES in this basement. Yuck. Can you imagine...reaching for a nice piece of pink glass and having a snake poke it's head out. I was and am still "heevy jeevied" out. I don't think the owners appreciated me taking a photo but I couldn't resist. I really do love this wacky kind of wacky stuff.


So Saturday morning...Cole made a clever creation out of his bendaroos....they are straw like clay sticks....

He made a priest behind a micro-phone and Jesus on the cross. Haha! What a goof ball.

So this is a pretty typical day for me. Carter thinks he needs to work and "help" me.


The last three weeks I've been working on our quarterly arts publication, Arts Alive and yesterday I went to do a press check on it and here I am with the press. It's SO cool. If you are geeky like me and love anything to do with print or type and design...this is heaven.....it even smelled like INK and I had to take some photos. The printing process on a press is so fascinating.  



Press guys were covered in ink and working on getting the registration straight.