Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Week so Far and it's only Tuesday

So far this is what the week has looked like:

Tuesday morning about to walk out the door and my boss calls and needs me to fix a file for our Cirque Mechanics Factory show tonight (it's like Cirque de Soleil...only for kids) because she's leaving the office in 2 minutes....to get to the matinee...so I turn around drop everything and fix the file...re-save the PDF and impatiently wait for Gmail to send the attachment. At this point Cole is now in his room (again) looking for a "show n tell" after we just discussed at length for 30 minutes why he could not take a "show n tell" today. Pulling myself together again and remembering I had not yet put any hair spray into my hair I run to the bathroom and dab a bit more blush on and spray my hair. Then I run to Carter's room and discover he has had a major (and I mean MAJOR) poo poo in his pants. (Cole is still in his room coming up with 1,001 reasons why he should take a "show n tell" and running through different items trying to convince me to agree) So I begin to take off Carter's pants and see that the poo poo is everywhere. Down his legs into his socks and up his back and up the front and down the other leg. Carter drinks only soy milk because he has had some very serious reactions to regular milk. He can eat small quantities of milk if it's in ice cream and macaroni and cheese and that's it. If he were to drink a small glass of milk his bum would be an entire mess of blisters and rash. So back to the poo poo explosion....I begin to peel off his clothes (gagging all the while) and in the process he ends up with poo from his armpits down to this wrists. Ew.
So he goes straight into the tub.

It's now 8:36 a.m. (all this has happened in 6 minutes) We are almost late to school.

8:38 a.m.
I scrub Carter down (he's screaming at this point because he wants his blanket and it's covered in poop so that is NOT happening) and Cole is still trying to convince me to let him take his book to school.

8:39 a.m.
I give up and agree. Cole can take his book.

8:41a.m.
I'm frantically trying to put a diaper on Carter who has decided that it's very funny to wiggle like a little worm as I'm trying to put on the diaper. Frantically. Cole is going to be late to school!

8:45 a.m.
Carter is dressed. No shoes. But dressed.
Cole has his coat on backwards and is holding his reading book in his mouth.
Cole has his book, I Stink.
(One of our favorites. He has it memorized and it's an awesome book about a New York City garbage truck and it's adventure through the night picking up the trash. This book even comes with an
 "alphabet soup rhyme" including puppy poo and gobs and gobs of gum)

8:50 a.m.
We arrvie at school. Late. Cole kisses Carter goodbye and changes his shoes and heads to the classroom.


I walk back to the car. Realizing. (now running) We forgot his lunch.

9:00 a.m.
We are back in the car (Carter and I) with the forgotten lunch heading back to school.
I look down at my arm as we pull into the parking lot for the 2nd time at school
and there on my arm is POO.