Thursday, June 25, 2009

GREAT DAY

We found a new playground....here are some pictures of Cole playing. This playground even has a sandbox. I'm planning on spending alot of time here. It's really a fantastic place.







Monday was Faye's 5th birthday (Faye is Frank and Jamie's little girl see their blog here)

I had no idea that turning 5 is such a big deal to little kids. Cole has been talking about turning 5 since last September when he started school. Since he goes to Montessori school the classrooms are set up so the children are grouped together by age. The preschoolers are with the kindergartners. This encourages mentoring with the older kids and I guess is an all around good thing.

Cole has been fascinated with kindergartners since he began the 4yr old preschool program. Too bad for Cole though....he missed the kindergarten deadline by 13 days she he will be doing preschool again in 09-10. Chris and I are totally fine with this. I talked to alot of people (thanks Aunt Anne love ya!) who said that little boys do better waiting a year to start kindergarten because they are slower to mature. The good news is that Cole's classroom at the Montessori school is set up so he can work at his own speed and if he needs to work up on some things he can partner with a kindergartner in his class....so that is how the whole "mentoring program" works with the classroom...okay now that I've gone on too long I'll stop myself......

So when Cole heard Faye was turning 5 he was VERRRY excited. Here is Cole with Evelyn at Faye's birthday party. Eveyln is Jamie's niece. She is cuuuuttte. (I borrowed the picture off Christie's blog!) ;)

Cole loved the airplanes. My Dad used to take us to this amusement park alot when we were little. It was really fun. I'm sure we'll take Cole there a few more times this summer.