Tuesday, June 9, 2009

TIME ESCAPES


How did we go from this ....

to this.... Carter Robert Smith 6 days old

and from this... Carter Robert Eat's ALOT at 9 1/2 months old


last year's graduation at Holy Rosary Catholic School

to this...
this year's art show at Snake River Montessori

so fast? 

I swear...I blink my eyes and a week has gone by...and then a month...and then six months...and I can't keep up. 

Today I washed Cole's hair in the bathtub and then wrapped him up in his towel and carried him to his room. This is not an easy task considering he weighs 50 lbs. I remembered how he used to cuddle up so easily in our big fluffy towels and we would change into our pajamas and read stories in bed while Chris was in Virginia. This would occur almost nightly around 7:30 pm.  I would look at his tiny feet and could barely imagine they would ever be dirty and his toe nails were so perfect and soft.

This morning after his bath I looked at his growing toes and saw how his toe nails are no longer the soft little nails of a baby or toddler but that of a boy. I even noticed after a nice warm bath full of bubbles his feet had a bit of dirt residue that probably comes with being a busy boy and is going to take a "good scrub down" to remove.

I try so hard to remember every moment but I'm losing track faster than I can tally events here or in a journal. 

Carter is starting to babble more and more and I'm sure words are soon to come. Mamma and Dadda are pretty fluid at this point. We are just waiting for his version of  "Coley" to emerge. 

Monday I was doing laundry and vacuuming and Cole was playing is his room. Carter was in his crib playing with various toys and  I heard the most wonderful sound. The sound of two children laughing. I followed it to the bedroom and watched without the boys spotting me. 

Cole and Carter were playing. Cole was gently tossing his Backyardigan stuffed animal (Uniqua click here to see what she looks like in all her pink fabulousness) into Carter's crib  and Carter was crawling to her and then tossing her out again and they were doing this over and over again. 

All the while both boys were laughing hysterically.

I thought my heart might just explode with happiness and joy. 

These are the days I want to remember forever and ever.