Thursday, September 3, 2009

BEST. COOKBOOK. EVER. and other randomness


So.....I'm going to "go all Martha Stewart" now....

My Aunt Julia sent me the BEST cookbook, The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook...and it is THE BEST. Hands down. So delicious.

I'm cooking my way through each recipe...kind of like...Julie/Julia (best book..read the book before you see the movie!)

Chris came home a few nights ago with Burger King....I nearly passed out. I refused to eat it....after all the delicious food I've been making for him...this is how he thanks me by picking up "Burger King". From which Cole told him his swiss mushroom burger was "stinky!" I guess every once in a while you need a greasy burger....so I forgave him....but seriously...BK? or FRESH veggies and deliciousness! (it's been a busy week so I think Chris wanted a fast dinner...and hey...I totally get that and love him for that...he was being helpful so it's all good!)

So here are some pictures of the oatmeal scones I made for breakfast the other morning...this is cheesy to blog about it...but I'm obsessed with them...and they have REAL maple syrup in the dough and also the delicious frosting....



Perfection...I could eat 10 with coffee...


and this has nothing to do with cooking...but we snapped this picture of Cole holding a picture of my Dad in his football uniform from Dartmouth.....


The tape on the face.......will be explained below....

He gave it to us before he moved to California....Chris said I should have had him autograph it...DARN! I'll have to mail it. We fully intend on framing it and putting this picture next to the picture of Shaft autographed by the REAL Shaft..(thanks Ryan!) that Chris got for his birthday. We are an eclectic family and I love it!

(Chris' 29th birthday party)

Cole is pretending he has a beard and mustache..because of this.....


Please meet...Ron...adult film star!