Friday, September 11, 2009

THE FLOOD OF 09

Oh boy...oh boy...this week has been so much fun....today marks day 3 with these lovely monsters that make an incredible amount of noise...so much that Carter is deathly afraid of them and cries like crazy anytime he comes within 3 feet of them. Of course the only reason he would be near them is if I'm carrying him from the bedroom to the kitchen...and he clings to me like a little monkey. Did I mention this is what our hallway looks like...and right below is my laundry room.
The flooring has been removed...
The carpet is pulled back and the disgusting carpet pad has been cut out.
This is looking into Carter room. So...the tack strips are exposed. Yes, tack strips and the plywood is full of sharp staples. This is not ideal for a household with a busy 4 3/4 year old.

Tomorrow morning Service Master is coming back to (finger crossed/hopefully) take these damn things away. I'm sooooo annoyed with them.

I will keep you posted on what we put in the house to replace the flooring...

Oh and Sears will be here tomorrow to fix the washer...between 8 and 1....

anyone want to place bets the Sears repair guy shows up after 4?