Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I thought I had experienced it all...boy...was I wrong

Cole our oldest...well he's a busy kid to say the least. He was a very busy toddler and I have some very fond memories of the time we spent just him and I when Chris was in Virginia doing some training for his career. Cole could escape any baby seat, baby gate, door knob lock, and trap or invention I could come up with. Cole would play and play and play until his little eyes were so tired he couldn't hold them open anymore. Cole can still play until he drops. Now Cole has a group of friends at school and they call themselves in laughing hysterics..."The 1st Grade Bad Boys" and they race at recess against
the "2nd Grade Sad Boys".

I thought I knew everything there was to know with our first born...about boys.

Then along came Carter.

Carter has re-written the book on chaos. He has turned our schedule upside down and has shaken our lives like one would shake a barrel of monkeys.

This morning at 5:30 am both boys were awake. I promptly poured myself a cup of coffee turned onMorning Joe and told both boys to get back to bed. At 6:30 am I could hear some rustling in the bathroom and a few drawers opening and shutting.

After opening the door...I found Carter.

He had covered nearly every square inch of the bathroom in a paste of toothpaste.......and........poop.

We are potty training...so he did make it into the bathroom.

He just did not properly use the toilet.

He then thought it was best to brush his teeth next and that is exactly what he told me.

I think our neighbors heard my shrieks.........and Cole literally hid under his blankets.

I did apologize to Cole. I will probably stop and pick him up a new Hot Wheels...for the shrieking. Poor guy. Cole is such a good big brother. Carter is such a good boy...just a rascal.