Monday, August 10, 2009

MONDAY FUN

So in an attempt to regain some normalcy after last week....Cole and I decided to make some cookies. This was my first attempt at "no bake" cookies. I think we need to stir them a little more on the stove. The sugar didn't dissolve all the way and they are a little grainy....but we had a good time. I suppose it's time we look into purchasing new pots....I'm almost too embarrassed to post the pictures because they are so scratched....but we have used them alot so I guess that's not all bad. Cole stirring the chocolate chips and oats. I'm suprised we had enough for the recipe between him and I snacking on the ingredients. Chocolate chips are just so good! Cole has my sweet tooth that's for sure!
Notice...the swim shorts....we had a FULL day of fun.
Here's the butter, milk, and sugar...coming to a "rolling boil" I don't think I let it "roll" long enough. Hence the grainy cookies.
Cole pouring in the oats. I measured for him and he poured. It was a great time and between the two of us...the cookies will be eaten...Chris will just remind me that they are grainy....he's such a stinker....but that's OK! We have a good time!